JOINING OUR FREEMASONS LODGE IN CROYDON
Why not visit us to find out more?
What you need to know
Joining our Masonic Lodge in Croydon is a reasonably straight forward process. Here we explain what you need to know.
Freemasonry is a unique experience - one you cannot get the full benefit of by reading about. Hence our website, which will help you make an informed decision to see if joining the Freemasons is right for you.
There are a number of per-requisites you must consider before making your enquiry.
- You should be a man of good character
- You must have a belief in a Supreme Being
- You must be able to commit to five meetings per year
- You should discuss your application with your wife/partner
- You should know there are costs to join our lodge>
- You should be prepared to learn about Freemasonry and the functions of the lodge
Some useful information
Depending on when you contact us dictates the time it take to become a Freemason. In the first instance we will invite you along to our Lodge - usually on Lodge of Instruction held on Friday evenings. Or we might invite you to one of our social gatherings to meet with other Lodge members.
After meeting with you a number of times you will be invited to an interview. This is only to find out a bit more about you and why you want to join.
On completion of a successful interview it is generally for the lodge committee to decide if your application should progress.
You will know the outcome that evening and a date will be set for your initiation into Freemasonry.